Have you written a great essay or have one in the pipeline? Share it with VetX for a chance to win.
Submissions for the 2018 VetX Student Essay Competition ends at 17:00 (AEST) Wednesday October 31st, 2018.
1st Prize - AUD$500 (redeemable as ETH, BTC, BCH or local currency via Paypal)
Who is eligible? Any full-time veterinary student attending an accredited veterinary school worldwide.
Who judges the essays? Essays will be judged by a panel of veterinary specialists.
What subject matter can I write about? Essays may be on any topic of veterinary interest, and should be written in scientific format with references. What we are looking for is high quality scientific writing with originality and literary flair.
How long does the essay have to be? A minimum length of 5,000 words. There is no limit to the length or number of submissions per student.
How do I enter the competition? Simply post your essay here.
Remember to attach the full document as a .pdf file as well.
For an example of a submission, go here
There is no fee to enter.
Please ensure that you:
1) attach images as .jpg, .png, .tiff. Videos are also accepted (either youtube or vimeo) as part of your essay, though cannot constitute the entire submission.
3) append the name of your Vet School, the contact email address of the lecturer/supervisor, together with a digital photo of your student ID card for verification
Papers submitted after the submission date will be automatically excluded
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be submitted by 17:00 pm (AEST), Wednesday 31st October, 2018.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and not published elsewhere.
- Past prize-winning works in the VetX Essay Competition may not be resubmitted.
- Any entry that does not adhere to the minimum word limit is ineligible.
- All entrants must be full-time veterinary students studying a DVM, BVSc or equivalent degree at the time of the competition. Students undertaking BVBiol or equivalent degrees mid-course are eligible. Students conducting higher-degree courses such as Masters or PhD programs do not qualify.
- VetX reserves the right to retain a copy of all entries on our website, and to make any necessary editorial changes to submitted essays in order to ensure the winning essay does not conflict with current scientific best methods of evidence-based medicine.
- Copyright remains with the author of the essay.
- VetX reserves the right not to award a prize if we deem no entry is of sufficient merit to warrant the prize.
- The judges' decisions will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. The ruling of the Committee (which includes Directors of VetX, specialists examiners and University of Sydney CVE appointees) is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees of VetX, as well as members of their immediate families, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Failure to meet any of the conditions will render entries ineligible.
- All entries will be accepted at the discretion of VetX, which will exercise its judgement in ruling on questions of eligibility.