The team at VetCheck recently caught up with Dr. Maureen Cooper, veterinary oncologist to get some tips on educating pet owners on cancer, a condition that is often linked to imminent death.
Highlights from the interview:
- Top cancer conditions seen in cats and dogs
- Cancers that appear to be on the rise
- Cases where vet teams can make a real impact on the quality of life of pets
- The importance of discussing cancer staging, treatment options and prognoses with clients
For the full interview, further cancer details, treatment options and mean survival times, log into VetCheck.
- Top cancer conditions seen in dogs: Lymphoma, Mast cell tumours, Anal sac adenocarcinoma, Osteosarcoma, Melanoma
- Top cancer conditions seen in cats: Lymphoma, Squamous cell carcinoma, Visceral carcinomas, mammary carcinomas
- Cancers on the rise: Histiocytic cancers, Indolent lymphomas